Command and Control Centre (CCC) for schools
Brief description :
Samagra Shiksha (SS), Education Department, Gujarat State has set-up CCC for Schools for State level monitoring and tracking field level academic and non-academic activities and to monitor and improve the performance and the accountabilities of field level academic & non–academic staff by implementing following innovative steps:
- Integrated Dashboard application by integrating APIs from existing applications like Online Attendance, Assessment test results, Vehicle tracking system, etc. & integrating tour diary for field visits of CRCs/BRCs.
- Comprehensive school monitoring application with Geofencing & geotagging for field level academic & non-academic staff for providing information about schools, real time data gathering and evaluation of school eco-system. This app is being accessed by CRCs/BRCs through GPS enabled tablets during their field visits. Thereby tracking the physical presence of field staff at the respective location.
- Generation of campaign wise questions to seek information from the field level staff based on their scheduled visits to schools & monitoring of filed level implementation of initiatives. This helps in Real – time data gathering, analysis and evaluation to identify improvement areas, and planning of new initiatives
- Reports generated by CCC will be monitor and analysed for the betterment of the education and to take effective actions on field.
- To set up centralized monitoring mechanism at State level for monitoring the activities of field level staff & other filed level implementation of projects / initiatives
- To setup centralized helpdesk for grievance redressal mechanism for stakeholders of School ecosystem
- To develop Centralized dashboard providing the real-time performance indicators of Schools
Samagra Shiksha (SS), Education Department, Gujarat State has set-up Command & Control Centres for Schools for State level monitoring and tracking field level academic and non-academic activities and to monitor and improve the performance and the accountabilities of field level academic & non–academic staff of Samagra Shiksha (SS) and School Education and to hear complaints/ feedback /suggestions from all stakeholders like Students/ Parents/ Teachers / staff across the state.
Implementation details :
Samagra Shiksha (SS), Education Department, Gujarat State has set-up Command & Control Centre (CCC) for Schools as mentioned below :
Impact / Outcome :
- Development of application for capturing Online Attendance, Assessment test results, Vehicle tracking sys., etc.
- Development of Integrated Dashboard application by integrating APIs from existing applications & integrating tour diary
- Implementation of Business Intelligence (BI)-Tool for Real-time Data Integration & analysis of various existing SS applications for Centralized Monitoring Dashboard along with integration of Data-analysis based Call Management Utility & Reporting
- Setting up of Call Management solution with Outbound & inbound calling facility with integrated SMS gateway for sending alerts to stakeholders
- Development of institutional mechanism of grievance redressal system for complaints / suggestions received from stakeholders
- Developed questions / forms to be asked to field level staff while making outbound calls based on the actionable information provided by BI tool.
- Training of nominated staff to act as calling executives
- Monitoring the services & actionable data generated from CCC & taking corrective actions
The Key features and benefits of the implemented solution includes :
- State level Centralized Monitoring Mechanism in the form of CCC for monitoring, tracking, taking feedback and providing support to all the major field level staff / activities of the school education system
- Integrated centralized real-time dashboard with BI-Tool for Real-time Data Integration of various existing applications for analysis & generation of actionable information
- Increased accountability among all the field level staffs / administrators & monitor the real-time status towards various projects components / activities under the ambit of School Education
- Platform for listening complaints/ feedback /suggestions from Students/ Parents/ Teachers & their timely resolution
- Quick delivery of alerts, notification, and news with minimal failure rate among the field level staff/Head Masters/Teachers/Parents
- Enable monitoring, tracking, feedback and support to all the major filed level staff of the school education system by overcoming the challenges of physical boundaries/distances
- Follow up & Resolution of problems received by respective HoDs & corrective actions will be taken by HoDs
- Building the accountability among the all the field level staffs under the ambit of School Education
- Reach out to Students/ Parents/ Teachers by hearing their complaints/ feedback /suggestions
- Ensure compliance of each activities of field level staff
- Ensure quick delivery of alerts, notification, and news with minimal failure rate among the field level staff/Head Masters/Teachers/Parents.
- Dashboard for tracking and monitoring use of CCC.
- Dashboard for tracking and monitoring use of other applications of SS
- Periodic tips to participants of each training to ensure better field-to-forum results.
- Motivate, encourage and facilitate teachers by sending actionable and continuous tips on best practices in pedagogy and teaching in classes
- Notifications to staff engage in disaster or administrative duties like census and elections through SMS system.